2/3/17 Applicants should send inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Ironworkers with shop experience for immediate full time positions in Great Falls Montana - applicants will need to qualify for either a position as a Shop Fitter or a Shop Welder. Pay is competitive and based on skill and ability. All applicants will need to pass an initial drug test and be subject to follow-up random drug tests. In addition, all applicants will need to pass a criminal background check.
Fitter Position: Read and understand blue print drawings - Able to cut steel plates and structural shapes to dimensions, and contour and bevel as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders and templates using power saws, hand shears, chipping knives and oxy-acetylene torch -Able to position and tack weld components in their proper orientation to the work piece - Make basic layouts and mark weld points on parts or assemblies - Have a basic knowledge of the use of a straight edge, a combination square, calipers and rulers - Can mark and/or tag material with the proper job number, piece marks or other identifying marks required.
Welder Position: Able to weld using SMAW, FCAW and GMAW processes - Weld components in the flat or horizontal position - Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment using various processes - Set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, grinders chippers and die grinders - All applicants will need to perform tasks using overhead traveling cranes, when required
All successfully hired applicants are eligible for:
- Relocation assistance to qualified applicants
- All full-time employees, working at least 30 hours per week, will be eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employer offers medical and dental insurance (employer pays 100% of premium for employee and 75% of premium for dependents) and voluntary vision insurance.
- Employer provides Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available to all employees and their spouses and children.
- Employer also offers Flexible Spending Accounts which are tax advantaged medical and dependent care savings plans.
- New employees start accruing sick time as well as vacation upon hire.
- The employer recognizes and is closed for 8 paid holidays during the year.
- The employer has established a 401 (k) plan to provide employees the potential for future financial security for retirement.
- After 960 hours worked, the National Shopmen’s pension will go into effect.
- All employed Ironworkers are part of the Shopmen’s Local Union 850 of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Union.